Sunday, December 19, 2010

everyone's doing it.

all the ultra people are doing it.  blogging.  posting their stats and weekly mileage.  so i guess i should jump on and get w/ it. 
my training has been far from consistent lately.  after last season, i took a one month break from running.  i was still working out most days but no running at all.  i was hoping that would give my body ample time to heal.  well, my legs felt better but my feet did not.  (for the duration of the month, i painted incessantly.  at least 20 paintings and much painting around the house as well.  NO WRITING AT ALL.)  ran an 8 miler last week and feet killed me for two days after.  my chiropractor suggested sending my custom inserts in to be resurfaced and i said go for it.  went to the All Season Runner and bought some Superfeet and have been fine since.  ran 7 yesterday and 11 today. 
so...having said that...i'm taking it easy for the next couple of weeks.  after the holidays i'll pick it up some and try to be more consistent.  try to pick up the weekly mileage.  this is kind of a rest time for me while i work out enough to stay in decent shape.  during the holidays i always eat too much and drink too much.  but it's all planned and i make up for it during the rest of the year. 

weekly mileage (biking and running)=85
time=8hrs 45min
calories=5112
workouts=8

No comments:

Post a Comment